Friday, January 10, 2014

Book carving project

Explain how you developed your design for your book carving. 
I develope the idea of ornaments from the idea of reading a Christmas story on Christmas Eve. I thought it would be an interesting way to portray that and it did tell a story by making you think about how you also decorate the Christmas tree. My  Christmas tree reminds me every year of all the place we have been and where we bought the ornaments. Very important because once you cut some you can not un cut it so you need to make a clear plan describing exactly what you want to do. Then you will do less ripping or taping. Also you need to make sure the frame is thick so it is not super fragile and easy to cut through. I learned all this very quickly. I had so trouble cutting sometimes with the x-acto knife. At the beginning I made the frame way to small and had to rip a lot of pages out but  after that I got better at it with practice. I took the risk of doing a little more holiday type thing rather than something that directly followed the themes. Also using the x-acto knife is a hazard in itself. I felt it was successful and created a product that I can be proud if and I think turned out well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment